Master of Accountancy in Governmental Accounting Program
Earn your Masters in Governmental Accounting anytime, anywhere with online convenience
The only Masters in Governmental Accounting that is offered 100% online, available exclusively at Rutgers Business School, is ranked 27th in the nation in the 2014 US News & World Report ranking for “Best Online Graduate Business Programs.”
- 100% Online – for your convenience
- No GMAT required – get started right away
- Great value for government employees – in-state tuition for New Jersey residents is now extended to all out-of-state residents enrolled in the program.
- 4-course certificate program also available – certificate can be applied to Master Degree
The first and only advanced degree program in governmental accounting, the Masters in Governmental Accounting is a unique 30-credit program that may be completed entirely online. Students tell us that they appreciate the flexibility of being able to take part in classes during the times that work best with their schedules. Online courses are provided by our distinguished faculty through eCollege.
The program is designed to prepare professionals seeking to advance in the rapidly expanding field of government financial management, accounting, and auditing. Professionals who will benefit from the program include:
- Prospective CPAs who need to satisfy an additional 30 credits beyond the baccalaureate degree in order to sit for the Uniform CPA examination in New Jersey.
- Practicing CPAs, as well as other accountants and auditors working in governmental and not-for-profit organizations.
- MPA and accounting students who plan to take the nationally recognized Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) exam, administered and sponsored by the Association of Government Accountants.
- MBA and MPA program students who wish to specialize in Government Financial Management.
- Up to six credits may be transferred into the program from another accredited university, with prior approval of the program director.
Alternatively, by completing only four online courses as a non-matriculated student you can earn a Graduate Certificate in Government Financial Management from Rutgers Business School. The courses also will prepare you to sit for the Certified Government Financial Manager exam sponsored by the Association of Government Accountants. If you later decide to matriculate, these courses can be applied towards the 10-course master’s degree program.
The four online courses required for the certificate are:
- Governmental Accounting and Auditing
- Public Sector Auditing
- Governmental Budgeting Systems
- Design and Development of Information Systems