Victoria Foundation Emerging Leaders Program
Victoria Foundation Nonprofit Emerging Leaders Fellows Program is an innovative and transformative approach to leadership training, acutely focused on increasing the number of highly effective nonprofit leaders who have the practical knowledge and critical thinking skills needed to lead their organizations and better serve their communities. The program combines time-tested elements and benefits of a structured curriculum, peer mentoring, one-on-one coaching, Emotional Intelligence assessment and training, and Life & Career Planning®, a proprietary tool that focuses on personal and professional growth through exploring one’s own values.
Nonprofit Executive Leadership Fellows Program
Sponsored by The Prudential Foundation, this is a transformative curriculum-based training and leadership development program expressly designed to help nonprofit senior executives achieve their full leadership potential. Over a two-year period, a cohort group, comprised of fifteen nonprofit leaders, meets once a month from September through June to take part in this unique and ground-breaking comprehensive approach to developing both personal and professional leadership skills and competencies. Each monthly five-hour session includes formal instruction provided by practitioners and field experts, as well as peer-to-peer discussions led by the group facilitator. In addition to the group work, each participant receives ongoing one-on-one coaching and emotional intelligence training. This program offers executives the opportunity to increase their knowledge and skills while broadening their perspective on how to effect greater change for the sector. Upon completing the program, participants become members of the Fellows Alumni Network, a group of peers that meets several times annually. Through the network, program alumni continue to receive the long-term benefits of peer support as they work together on honing their skills and learning new approaches to solving issues.
Now accepting applications for 2013-15 Fellows Cohort!
Ready to take your leadership skills to the next level with other committed, engaged nonprofit executives? Is your organization funded by The Prudential Foundation? Apply today to the Nonprofit Executive Leadership Fellows Program.
Deadline for the 2013-15 Fellows Program Application is June 30, 2013. Apply here.
Common Ground Program
This program brings together 8-10 nonprofit executives for peer group sessions that foster discussion of issues affecting leadership of their organizations. Sessions, which are held once a month September to June, are led by a facilitator whose role is to guide the session and lend structure to the process, while creating a supportive and safe environment where participants can discuss, in strict confidence, mutual challenges in order to secure practical solutions. Fee: $2,100. Please contact the Institute with further questions at 973-353-1134 or click here to view the program flyer.
Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Program
- Executive Track: is designed to give 18-20 nonprofit executives the tools to advance their knowledge and skills, increase their leadership capacity, gain credentials for enhancing their future, and reap the benefits of networking with experts and colleagues in the field. During a three-day intensive program, a distinguished group of presenters, comprised of Rutgers faculty members and nationally recognized practitioners, conduct in-depth presentations and engage in challenging and strategic discussions on a wide range of topics. There is also a follow up day six months later to reinforce learning.
- Emerging Leader Track: a three-day program, leads 18-20 mid-level managers, from both the for- and nonprofit sectors, who are interested in building their skills and developing their talents, through a rigorous and engaging curriculum that emphasizes personal and professional leadership skills development. Participants learn the nuts and bolts of what is entailed in effectively leading a nonprofit organization. Again, there is also a follow up day six months later to reinforce learning.
Now accepting applications for the 2013 Fall Certificate Program! Apply today!
Dates: October 15 - 17, 2013
Tuition fee: $1,500. Scholarships are available. View application for more information or contact the Institute at 973-353-1134.
Capacity Building Conference
Sponsored by The Prudential Foundation and Victoria Foundation, convenes together about 200 CEOs, board trustees and emerging leaders in an all-day conference that focuses on how to strengthen organizational core capacities and develop synergy between the CEO and the board. The Institute for Ethical Leadership works with its partners, Partnership in Philanthropy, Pro Bono Partnership, Center for Non-Profits, Nonprofit Finance Fund and the Support Center for Nonprofit Management to design, plan and host this annual conference.
- Transition Workshop provides a primer for how for-profit managers can make the transition to a nonprofit career. Topics include an overview of the nonprofit sector, Life and Career Planning™, resources for shaping resumes, interviewing skills, and connecting job opportunities.
- Fundraising Workshop focuses on fundraising during the present economic downturn when nonprofit organizations need to take a fresh look at their short- and long-term fundraising strategies to address current issues and prepare for future challenges.
- Managing in Tough Times explores how an organization can effectively manage its resources and relationships, continue to strengthen its Board, and develop its leadership.
- Mapping your Career in the Nonprofit Sector helps future or emerging leaders focus on making the right career moves while achieving your personal and financial goals.
- Succession Planning provides the research and framework on why and how organizations must have a plan in place to replace leadership, staff and board members to ensure organizational continuity and sustainability.
- The Nonprofit Leader: Fundraising, Communications & Board Relations explores how effective communication is the CEOs best tool to engage the board, motivate the staff and achieve organizational fundraising goals.
Capacity Building Initiative
Is a holistic and collaborative approach to helping nonprofit organizations in Newark build core capacities for long-term organizational sustainability and growth. Prudential Foundation and the Institute for Ethical Leadership are working in partnership with the Support Center for Nonprofit Management and Nonprofit Finance Fund to pilot this program. Five nonprofit organizations have been selected to take part in this initiative.
Ladder to Leadership
Is a national fellowship program that enlists the expertise and resources of the Institute for Ethical Leadership, Victoria Foundation, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the Center for Creative Leadership in a collaborative effort to develop the next generation of community health leaders.