A Gathering of Angels/Urban Entrepreneurship Summit
A Gathering of Angels
A NATIONAL SUMMIT ON BUILDING 21ST CENTURY URBAN INNOVATION ECOSYSTEMS: CONNECTING CAPITAL AND HIGH GROWTH ENTREPRENEURS
November 15-16, 2011
Rutgers Business School – 1 Washington Park
The Center for Urban Entrepreneurship & Economic Development (CUEED)
We invite you to be a part of history and participate in the first national summit on building 21st century urban innovation ecosystems. The first national summit of its kind — A Gathering of Angels — will connect investment capital with urban entrepreneurs towards building sustainable 21st century innovation ecosystems and infrastructure for America’s cities.
Specifically, this summit is about making the connection between capital and opportunity with the goal of growing regional wealth and job creation, and also marks a historical turning point in the transition of urban America’s economy into a 21st century innovation-based economy.
This event will catalyze a national movement that promises to transform the economic landscape, chart new paths of opportunity while implementing new strategies in urban America where all communities can succeed in the 21st century innovation economy.
At this summit, we will discuss ways in which investment capital can be organized and focused on launching, growing and developing high growth ventures, with a particular emphasis on high growth ventures launched by entrepreneurs in urban centers. We intend to discuss the establishment of a fund that will leverage existing opportunities in regional innovation ecosystems to drive the expansion of emerging urban domestic markets.
We will also discuss specific issues urban entrepreneurs face in accessing investment capital with a particular goal of expanding the numbers of new ventures launched by successful entrepreneurs of color.
So please join us for A Gathering of Angels, an actionable two-day conversation on building 21st century urban innovation ecosystems that sustain communities, create wealth and grow regional economies.
Summary of the event:
- Welcome / Remarks
- CNN Documentary (full showing): Black in America: New Promised Land, Silicon Valley
- Lunch Panel Discussion with CNN documentary representative and featured entrepreneurs: High-Growth Entrepreneurship, Resources and Deal Flow
- Entrepreneur Pitch Session to Investors: 5 high-growth entrepreneurs with the next big idea will make business presentations to a panel of 5 investors looking for the next big idea.
- Dinner / Keynote
- Breakfast / Welcome remarks
- Keynote Speaker: Empowering Black and Urban America to compete in the 21st century
- Panel 1: State of Black high-growth and tech entrepreneurship
- Panel 2: Where is Black capital?
- Lunch Keynote: Developing Urban Innovation Ecosystems in the 21st century
- Panel 3: Trends in Angel Investing; Starting an Angel Investment Group
- Town Hall: Developing an Urban Innovation Fund
- Closing Reception
To RSVP, email: email@example.com
Rutgers Business School is an Official Partner of Global Entrepreneurship Week
Learn more: http://www.gewusa.org